Improper animation frame duplication - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Improper animation frame duplication

I'm having trouble duplicating frames on an animated vector file due to a bugged functionality.
emojikitch
on August 1st

I'm working on a set of simplistic cursors, and while I'm trying to use the duplication function to extend the animation frames of my 'Working in Background' cursor, it screws up my outlined ellipsis and grants it a fill that I don't want. It inherits the last color I set for it as if I never disabled it at all.

This screws with various other functions, like the morph function:

• It commits to the first step of x steps
  • It duplicates the frame
  • The fill-less ellipsis now have a fill in the duplicated frame
  • It works its way down with each layer until it hits an ellipsis with a fill that's not supposed to exist
  • It realizes this, tells me I've done something wrong (error code 0x80000ffff), and does not proceed with the rest of the function

I'm struggling a lot with this. Any work-around or possible fix?

emojikitch
on August 1st

Okay, I figured out that the work-around is to give any ellipsis/sphere--that you only want to act as an outline--an alpha-0 fill.

The sucky part about this, though, is that this is a total struggle if you're trying to fix an existing animation with many frames. I got lucky and only had to do this to 16 ellipsis, which didn't take too long.

Vlasta
on August 3rd

Sorry for this, there is a known bug related to outlines/fills. There is some complicated interaction between the state currently active in the editor and the state of the object in the vector layer and they sometimes get mixed up. It may also depend on what is currently selected in the original layer and what gets selected in the duplicated one. I hope to get it fixed eventually.

emojikitch
on August 4th

Ah, that makes more sense than I imagined.

I hope it's not too much of a struggle, and if it is, then no worries! Don't rush yourselves. :-D

Page views: 72       Posts: 4      
I wish there were...
Select background
Vista & Win 7 icons